I have partnered with the National Pork Board once again to bring you this post and recipe. Summer days are longer which means more time to cook something delicious on the grill. There is nothing like bringing family and friends together with delicious food cooked over live fire. This recipe features pork loin which is a lean and versatile cut from the back of the pig. For this recipe, I wrapped the pork loin in bacon and glazed it with my Bourbon BBQ Sauce. This recipe takes less than 2-hours to cook and is the perfect centerpiece for your next family meal. Now sit back, grab an ice-cold Arnold Palmer, and enjoy this post for Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin.
Start by trimming the silver skin and extra fat from the pork loin.
Next, using a whole pack of bacon (14 slices) make a Bacon Weave to wrap around the pork loin.
Set up your grill or smoker for indirect cooking. Preheat to 250°F and throw in 3 chunks of your favorite smoking wood to the lit coals. When the smoke is running clean, put your bacon-wrapped pork loin inside.
Let the pork loin cook for an hour at 250°F undisturbed. At the 1-hour mark bump the temperature to 325°F and glaze the outside of the bacon wrapped pork loin with my Bourbon BBQ Sauce. Let this cook for another 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork loin measures 145°F.
Let the bacon wrapped pork loin rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 4lbs Pork Loin
- 1 package bacon (14 slices)
- 4 Tbs BBQ rub
- ½ cup of Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Trim silver skin and extra fat from pork loin.
- Make a bacon weave using all 14 slices of bacon from the package.
- Wrap the pork loin in the bacon weave and cover with BBQ Rub.
- Preheat your smoker/grillto 250°F setup for Indirect cooking.
- Use 3 chunks of your favorite smoking wood added to the hot coals.
- When the temp is stable place the pork loin inside and cook for an hour.
- At the hour mark bump the temp up to 325°F and glaze with the BBQ sauce.
- After 30 minutes the pork loin should measure 145°F internally.
- Pull the pork loin off and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.