One of my most favorite food combinations is mixing Sriracha with Ketchup. I love it on fries, burgers, hot dogs, eggs… you name it, I love that combo on just about anything. In recent years I have seen many companies put out their versions of Sriracha Ketchup but nothing really comes close to the mix I make at home…until now! Traina Foods reached out to me a couple of weeks ago asking if I’d like to try their new line of Ketchup made from Sun Dried Tomatoes. It took me all of 2 seconds to reply with an emphatic yes! When the Ketchup arrived I opened the bottle of their Sriracha Ketchup first and was pleasantly surprised as to how good it is. Sun dried tomatoes packs this Ketchup with an intense tomato flavor. With the addition of the Sriracha this Ketchup is perfectly balanced. I was excited to cook with this product and decided to use it in a sauce for my next stir fry. Now sit back, grab a glass of your favorite Reisling, and enjoy this recipe for Traina Sriracha Ketchup Stir Fry
Traina Sriracha Ketchup Stir Fry
A cup of this wonderful Ketchup got me started. Look at the composition… hearty, bright red, and beautiful.
Next up was a cup of chopped green beans and 5 cloves of garlic thinly sliced.
I used 1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs and a cup of flour.
Combining the chicken and flour first allowed me to get a quick stir fry on the chicken giving me some much needed crispiness to the dish. Next came the garlic and green beans followed by the Ketchup and a little soy sauce to blend it together. Served over a bed of jasmine rice this stir fry was a winner!
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut in to 1" cubes
- 1 c Traina Sriracha Ketchup
- ½ c Soy Suace
- ½ c flour
- 1 c Green Beans cut in to 2 " pieces
- 5 cloves garlic sliced thin
- Vegetable Oil
- Jasmine Rice (cooked)
- Preheat your Big Green Egg to 500°
- Place in your Cast Iron Wok to preheat
- Toss the cubes of chicken in the flour
- Once the Wok is heated put in 2 tbls of oil
- Put the chicken in and stir fry 5 minutes until the pieces are brown and crispy
- remove the chicken and set aside
- Place 2 Tbls of oil in the Wok, then the green beans, and garlic
- Stir fry for 5 minutes until beans are bright green
- Add the ketchup and soy sauce
- Stir Fry until the sauces bubbles
- Remove and serve over the rice