Recently I have added yet another new toy to my Big Green Egg set up and that is the Large Spider from the Ceramic Grill Store. This new gadget will allow me drop in my Cast Iron Wok to Stir Fry directly over the coals! I was excited to give my latest addition a test run and looked for inspiration from another Food Blog site that I like named Half Baked Harvest. I modified one of her recipes for the Big Green Egg and it turned out fantastic! Now sit back, grab a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc, and enjoy this recipe for Tasty Thai Chili Pork Stir Fry.
Tasty Thai Chili Pork Stir Fry
For this recipe you will need Bok Choy, Red Peppers, Tangerines, Green Onions, Pork Tenderloin, Cloves, Cinnamon, Soy Sauce, Garlic, Ginger, Thai Chili Sauce, toasted sesame seeds, and Sesame Oil.
Trim the pork tenderloin and slice in to thin strips.
Preheat your Big Green Egg to 500° with the Spider in place.
Once your Egg is up to temperature and the coals are blazing drop in the Cast Iron Wok.
Stir Fry the sliced pork with some sesame oil to get the pork nice and brown.
For your stir fry have the Bok Choy (chopped), Red Pepper (sliced), Tangerines (peeled and in segments), ginger and garlic (minced), and soy sauce with Thai Chili sauce, cloves and cinnamon ready.
After the pork is browned pull it out then stir fry the red peppers until soft. Add back in the pork, sauce, and Bok Choy. Stir Fry until sauce is bubbling and starts to thicken. Pull the wok off the heat and toss in the tangerines.
We served this stir fry over Soba Noodles. This meal was quick, delicious, and healthy!
Tasty Thai Chili Pork Stir Fry
- 2 Tbls sesame oil
- 2 Lbs pork tenderloin sliced thin
- 2 Tbls fresh ginger grated
- 2 Tbls fresh garlic grated
- 2 red bell peppers sliced thin
- 1 1/4 c sweet thai chile sauce
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 bunches bok choy chopped
- 2 tangerines peeled and in wedges
- green onions thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
- Slice the pork in to thin slices.
- Chop the Bok Choy and discard stems.
- Slice the red peppers in to thin slices.
- Mince garlic and ginger.
- Combine soy sauce with Thai chili sauce, cinnamon and cloves.
- Preheat the Big Green Egg to 500°.
- Preheat the Wok.
- Add sesame oil and the pork and stir fry until slightly browned.
- Remove the pork from the wok and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of sesame oil to the wok and throw in the red peppers.
- Stir fry the peppers for 3-5 minutes, until they just begin to soften.
- Add the pork back to the wok along with the ginger and garlic then stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add the sweet thai chile sauce, soy sauce, ground cloves, cinnamon and pepper.
- Allow the mixture to bubble and reduce, about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and coats the pork nicely.
- When the sauce is to your liking add the bok choy and toss well, cooking for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the tangerines.
- Serve the stir fry over soba noodles and garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.