Since moving to the Tampa Bay area in Florida I have become obsessed with Cuban Sandwiches. I love to eat them and make them any chance I get. When partnering with St Pierre Bakery to bring you this exclusive recipe, I wanted to create my own version of this classic sandwich using their Brioche Sliders. Now sit back, grab a glass of your favorite chablis, and enjoy this post for St Pierre Mojo Pork Tenderloin Cuban Sliders.
St Pierre Mojo Pork Tenderloin Cuban Sliders
Mix all of the marinade ingredients together except the onion in a blender until smooth.
Placed the sliced onion in a ziploc bag with the trimmed pork tenderloin then pour the marinade over top.
Place the marinated pork and onion mixture into the fridge overnight.
The next day take the pork out of the marinade and preheat your Big Green Egg to 350°F setup for direct grilling. Reserve the marinade with the onions and place in to a saucepan on the stove top. Bring to a low boil then turn down the heat and cook for 30 minutes. When done use a hand blender and blend the mixture together and use as a mop for the pork tenderloin as it grills over the open flame.
When the pork measures 145°F internally, remove and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Split the St Pierre Brioche Slider Rolls and place the bottoms in a cast iron pan. Start layering the mayo/mustard, sliced tenderloin, salami, cheese and pickles.
Next place the brioche top on to the sandwiches and brush the garlic butter mixture all over the top of the buns.
Place back in to the Big Green Egg and let cook 10-15 minutes at 350°F until the buns are toasted and the cheese has melted.
Serve and enjoy!
- Sandwich ingredients
- 1.5 pounds of pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 12 St Pierre Slider Rolls
- 12 slices of swiss cheese
- 12 slices of salami
- Pickle slices
- Mustard & mayonnaise
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Mojo marinade ingredients
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup lightly packed mint leaves, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together except the onions.
- Trim the pork tenderloin of extra fat and silver skin.
- Pour the marinade over the pork then add sliced onions. Place that in the fridge overnight.
- The next day take the pork out of the fridge and separate from the marinade.
- Take the reserved marinade and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Blend this and use as a mop for the pork as it cooks.
- Preheat your grill to 350°
- Place the pork on the grill and cook turning occasionally while mopping with the reserved marinade.
- When the pork measures 140°F pull from the grill and let rest before slicing in to 8 disks (fitting perfectly on a slider bun).
- Melt the butter and garlic mixture.
- Assemble the buns with a slice of pork, topped with a slice of salami, 2 pickle chips, a slice of swiss cheese, and a mix of mustard and mayonnaise.
- Place back on the grill for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Top the buns with some of that garlic butter mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!