Hey there and welcome back! I have a new side dish recipe to share with you. This recipe is easy, delicious, and the perfect side for your next grilling session. If you like Mexican Street Corn, then you will love this recipe as it is all the deliciousness without the need for napkins. Now sit back, grab an ice cold Tecate, and enjoy this post for Grilled Elote Corn Salad.
Grilled Elote Corn Salad
It all starts with 4 ears of corn and 2 jalapeno peppers.
Cover the corn with a dash or two of salt and 1 Tbs of olive oil. Coat well.
De-seed the jalapeños and toss them with the bowl of corn to coat with salt and oil.
Set up your grill (I am using a Big Green Egg here) for direct grilling to medium heat (350°). When ready place the corn and jalapeños on the grill. Grill for a minute or two per side until the peppers and the corn have nice color. Remove, set to the side, and let cool.
Now make the dressing using the mayonnaise, sour cream, cotija cheese, garlic, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Shuck the corn and chop the jalapeños, add them to the dressing and mix well.
Serve in a bowl with chili powder on top.
- 4 ears fresh corn, grilled & shucked
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs mayo
- 1 Tbs sour cream
- 2 oz crumbled Cotija cheese
- ½ cup finely sliced scallions
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, diced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Chili powder to taste
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Stem and de-seed the jalapeños
- Shuck the corn
- Place both in a bowl and toss with salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Set up your grill to medium high heat (350°)
- Grill corn and jalapeños direct for a minute or two per side until charred then remove and set aside
- Mix all the other ingredients together to make the dressing
- Chop the jalapeños, add to dressing
- Remove corn kernels, add to dressing
- Mix well and top off with chili powder