Hello everyone and Happy Holidays to you!
This post is inspired by Oprah’s favorite things list but geared towards the Egghead in your family. The list is broken in to two sections: 1) Grilling & BBQ Accessories and 2) Food Photography. I purchased all of these items in 2016 and use them all frequently… no one on this list has sponsored me. So, if you are looking for that perfect gift for the serious griller and/or food photographer in your family, look no further!. Now sit back, grab a glass of Egg Nog, and enjoy this post for The BBQ Buddha’s Favorite Things 2016.
The BBQ Buddha’s Favorite Things 2016 – BBQ Accessories
Little Griddle Kettle-Q: This stainless steel insert turns your Large Big Green Egg or 18″ round grill into a flattop grill!
- The Joetisserie: This insert for your Large Big Green Egg turns your grill into a legit rotisserie that turns out great chickens, roasts, etc.
- Flame Boss 200 Wifi: This is the best temperature controller on the market for your Kamado style grill.
- Kick Ash Basket: This helps you manage the lump charcoal in your Kamado Style grill. Once you get one you will want one for every other grill you own!
- Fogo 35-Pound All Natural Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal: By far the best lump charcoal on the market. If you have any charcoal grill this is what you should be using!
- A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker: If you want to cold smoke items on your Kamado style grill or any grill for that matter this pellet smoker is for you. I have done salmon, cheese, etc. using this device with great success!
- Artisan Griller Heat Resistant Cooking Gloves: Everything changed for me when I bought these gloves as I was able to handle hot food without issue. Brisket, Pulled Pork, Chicken, etc. can be easily handled with these gloves!
- Architec Acacia Gripper Concave Board: The design on this cutting board is excellent as it traps the juices of the meat you are slicing without letting it spill onto your counter!
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned, 12-inch: Everyone should have a cast iron skillet in their kitchen. This is the best pan to use on your Kamado style grill as it distributes the heat evenly and helps get the best sear on your steaks.
- Shun Classic 8-Inch Chef’s Knife: Shun is my favorite brand of knife and this classic chef’s knife is the one to own.
The BBQ Buddha’s Favorite Things 2016 – Food Photography
- Manfrotto Stand for Universal Cell Phone: This is the best stand for your smart phone and comes in handy when shooting photos or videos of your food at home (or on the road).
Manfrotto Aluminium 3-Section Tripod with Horizontal Column: The absolute best tripod on the market in my opinion! This model allows you to do overhead shots as well as standard vertical or horizontal photographs.
- Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head: If you are serious about food photography at home then you must get this tripod head. This makes all the difference allowing you to focus on shooting the photo and not finding the correct angle for your camera.
- Polaroid Pro Studio 42″ 5-In-1 Collapsible Circular Reflector Discs: If you only have one thing to get for food photography it should be this accessory. Having the ability to reflect light back on to your subject is key to good lighting.
- LimoStudio 700W Photography Softbox Light Lighting Kit: I do not have the luxury of taking photos during the day and need good studio lighting to use at home. This light kit is great and will change your ability to get the good light when you need it for your food photos.
- Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots: This is one of my favorite food photography books. One of the things I like most about this book is the sample photos and breaking each one down showing you lighting, camera settings, angle, etc. This will up your food photography game!
2 comments on “The BBQ Buddha’s Favorite Things 2016”
Hello, I have a couple of products that I would like for you to review and consider adding to your top 10 list. How do I go about doing that!
Hellow William! Shoot me an email to email@example.com and we will take it from there.