This recipe features our version of fish tacos you can make on the Big Green Egg. This is an easy dish to make that doesn’t just taste good but looks great! Spending the time to prep the marinade and Cilantro Cream Sauce an hour in advance of cooking is the key to success. This flavorful dish is a perfect weeknight meal to make on your BGE. So, sit back, grab a glass of your favorite Sauvignon Blanc, and enjoy our recipe for Big Green Egg Fish Tacos.
Big Green Egg Fish Tacos
Get your mise en place ready with fresh limes, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, EVO, and salt.
Roughly chop the cilantro and garlic, deseed (if you want less heat) and roughly chop the jalapeño pepper, juice the limes, and add all of that to a food processor with the EVO and salt. Mix until you get a beautiful green marinade for the Mahi Mahi Filets.
Place the marinade and the Mahi Mahi Filets in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for an hour before grilling.
While the fish is marinating prep your Cilantro Cream Sauce. Get the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, and green onions.
Finely chop the cilantro, slice the green onions, and mix all the ingredients together to make the sauce. Put in the refrigerator for an hour while the fish marinates.
Preheat the Big Green Egg to 450° using direct heat method. Place the Mahi Mahi filets on the preheated grill and grill for 4 minutes per side or when the instant read thermometer hits 130°.
Let the Mahi Mahi filets rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve on a warm tortilla with the Cilantro Cream sauce and slaw. Enjoy!
- 4 Mahi Mahi Filets (about 2 pounds)
- For the marinade:
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- Cup of Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbls Olive Oil
- Cream Sauce:
- 3 Tbls Sour Cream
- 3 Tbls Mayonnaise
- ¼ C Green Onions Chopped
- ¼ C Chopped Cilantro
- Zest from ½ lime
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 Tsp Salt
- For the fish:
- Add the Juice from 2 limes, 3 Garlic Cloves Minced, 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped, Cup of Cilantro roughly chopped, 1 tsp salt, and 2 Tbls Olive Oil to food processor and mix.
- Add the Mahi Mahi and marinade to a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the Big Green Egg (or your grill) to 450°.
- Take the filets out and grill (direct) 4 minutes per side.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- To make the Cilantro Cream:
- Mix together Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, Green Onions, Cilantro, lime zest & juice, and Salt.
- Refrigerate while the fish marinates.
- Use on the tortilla with the fish and slaw.