Summer is here and we are knee deep in grilling season. I love cooking things on a stick and using this OXO 6-Piece Grilling Skewer Set makes the experience even better. The flat design prevents the meat from rolling around on the grill while the wide handles makes it easier to flip the food with tongs while cooking. This recipe for Red Curry Chicken Skewers is the perfect summer meal. A perfect balance between sweet and spicy this recipe will be one of your favorites soon. Now sit back, grab an ice cold lemonade, and enjoy this post for Grilled Red Curry Chicken Skewers with OXO.
Grilled Red Curry Chicken Skewers with OXO
Start by cubing the chicken thighs in to 1″ pieces. Place in a bowl and set aside while you make the marinade.
Start with coconut milk.
Next is brown sugar.
Add some soy sauce.
Red curry paste comes next.
Mix well and salt to taste. When ready pour the marinade over the cubed chicken.
Now refrigerate overnight.
The next day remove the chicken from the marinade and skewer 4-5 pieces on the OXO skewers. You will love the design as the tip is sharp making it easy to add the meat while the handle is wide making quick work of skewering.
Preheat your grill to 450°F setup for direct grilling. When ready add the skewers to the grilling surface.
Cook for 4 minutes then flip. Look at the design of that skewer handle and how easily it fits with the tongs!
Cook another 4 minutes before remove from the grill.
Take the skewers off the grill and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Pair the chicken with a creamy yogurt sauce and enjoy!
- 2 Tbs Thai red curry paste
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs dark brown sugar, packed
- Kosher salt
- 2½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cut the chicken in to cubes
- Mix all of the other ingredients together thoroughly and pour over the chicken cubes
- Place in a ziploc bag and in to the fridge overnight
- The next day skewer 4-5 pieces on each OXO skewer
- Preheat the grill to 450°F
- When ready place the skewers on the grill and cook for 4 minutes
- Flip the skewers and cook another 4 minutes
- Remove and rest 10 minutes before serving