As some of you know by now I contribute to another blog featuring several Big Green Egg cooks and their creations: Big Green Brotherhood. We collectively reached out to Kurt Halls from Caribeque Seasoning & Rub Company about trying his new Spicy Jamaican Jerk Rub. For me this was particularly exciting as Mrs. Buddha and I go to Jamaica every year and love the flavors of that Island Nation. I decided to do something other than chicken for my first cook with this rub and used Pork Tenderloin. Now sit back, grab a Red Stripe (Mon), and enjoy this this post for Caribeque Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin.
Caribeque Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin
After cleaning and trimming the Pork Tenderloin I applied a little olive oil and the Spicy Jamaican Jerk seasoning.
For a side dish I made some Hasselback Sweet Potatoes on my Mini Max.
I preheated the Big Green Egg to 450° and cooked the Pork Tenderloin raised direct (using my Woo II) for 20 minutes turning once at the 10 minute mark.
Served with the Hasselback Sweet Potato and Mango Habanero Sauce this dish was delicious! Kurt has certainly captured the Jerk flavors in this rub. It is worth noting that I love spicy food and have a high tolerance to heat. With that said I did not find this rub too spicy which is a good thing for people with a lower tolerance to heat. I cannot wait to use this rub on chicken thighs, wings, even burgers! Make sure to visit Caribeque Seasoning & Rub Company and try their rubs!
- 1.5 - 2 Lbs. Pork tenderloin (trimmed)
- Caribeque Spicy Jamaican Jerk Rub
- Olive Oil
- Let the Pork Tenderloin come up to room temperature
- Rub the tenderloin with olive oil
- Shake the Caribeque Spicy Jamaican Jerk seasoning all over the tenderloin
- Preheat the Big Green Egg to 450°
- Cook the tenderloin raised direct for 20 minutes (turning once at the 10 minute mark)
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes
- Slice and serve