Do you want the best game day meal for your friends and family? Well, look no further than this amazing recipe. I have partnered with St Pierre Bakery to bring you the ultimate Super Bowl treat. If you haven’t tried the brioche bread from St Pierre Bakery you are missing out. It is my favorite way to treat myself whenever I am making something that needs a bun. It is like bringing a taste of Paris to my backyard BBQ. Now sit back, grab a cold beverage of choice, and enjoy this recipe for Grilled Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Hot Dogs.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Hot Dogs
Start by slicing the 8oz block of gouda in to 1/4″ inch strips. Then cut those in half giving you the perfect slice of cheese to stuff inside the hot dog.
Take your knife and make a slit down the hot dog making sure not to cut all the way through. You want just enough room for the cheese. When completed, stuff the cheese inside.
Next, wrap the stuffed hot dog with 2 pieces of thinly sliced bacon. Use a toothpick to secure as needed.
Place the bacon wrapped hot dogs on your grill preheated to 400°F setup for indirect grilling.
Cook for 10 minutes then flip the hot dogs over and cook for another 10 minutes or until the bacon fat has rendered and the bacon looks crispy.
Place your St Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls in a 400°F oven for 3 minutes to warm.
Place your bacon wrapped cheese stuffed hot dog inside the top spilt bun and garnish with your favorite toppings.
Enjoy this decadent game day treat from The BBQ Buddha and St. Pierre Bakery!
- 1 pack beef hot dogs
- 2 packs St. Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls
- 2 packs thin sliced bacon
- 1 8oz package smoked gouda
- Preheat your grill to 400°F setup for indirect grilling
- Slice the block of gouda lengthwise into ¼" thin strips
- Slice each strip again lengthwise so you have two long ¼" thick strips
- Slice the hot dog down the middle and stuff a slice of cheese inside
- Wrap the hot dog with 2 pieces of bacon securing with a toothpick as needed
- Place the bacon wrapped hot dogs inside the grill and cook 10 minutes
- Flip and cook the hot dogs another 10 minutes or until the bacon fat has been rendered and looks crispy
- Warm the St. Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls in a 400°F oven for 3 minutes
- Place the bacon wrapped hot dog in the bun and garnish with your favorite toppings