We love those Thai Chicken Skewers that you find at food trucks during street festivals. They are SO full of flavor and satisfying we just had to try to make them at home! This recipe for Thai Green Curry Chicken Skewers is a keeper. A quick and easy marinade is the secret to this savory meal. Grill the chicken skewers on your Big Green Egg and serve with your favorite side dish for a great weeknight meal. Now sit back, grab a cold Singha, and enjoy our recipe for Big Green Egg Thai Green Curry Chicken Skewers.
Big Green Egg Thai Green Curry Chicken Skewers
The marinade couldn’t be easier to make for this recipe and is the secret to its bold flavor. Sugar, coconut milk, fish sauce, green curry paste, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and cilantro go in to this full flavored concoction. Once the ingredients are mixed, cut the chicken thighs in to small chunks (that would easily fit on a skewer) and place the chicken and marinade in a Ziploc bag overnight.
Take the chicken out of the bag and put the chunks on skewers. If you are using wood skewers make sure to soak them first.
Preheat the Big Green Egg top 450° and when ready place the skewers directly on the grill grate over the coals (direct heat method).
Grill the skewers 6 minutes per side or until the instant read thermometer reads 160°. Pull the skewers off and let rest for 5 minutes then serve. Ginger rice and baby bok choi complement the meal!
- 2 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbls green curry paste
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbls sugar
- ½ c coconut milk
- 2 Tbls soy sauce
- 2 Tbls fish sauce
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- ½ a bunch of cilantro, minced
- Cut the Chicken Thighs in to chunks.
- Mix the curry paste, garlic, sugar, coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs in a Ziploc bag with the marinade.
- Place the bag in a refrigerator and marinate overnight turning the bag at least once.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on to skewers (if using wood skewers soak them first in water).
- Preheat the Big Green Egg to 450°.
- Once preheated put the chicken skewers on the grilling surface (direct heating method).
- Grill the chicken skewers for 6 minutes on the first side.
- Flip the chicken skewers over and grill another 6 minutes or until they reach 160° on insta read thermometer.