Are you looking for a go to cheeseburger recipe for your Big Green Egg? Well, you have come to the right place as this delivers the perfect burger every time. Place the focus on the ingredients to make this delicious concoction shine. You do not need to overcomplicate things when making a great burger. Just a few simple steps will produce mouth-watering burgers every time. Now sit back, grab an ice-cold Kona Big Wave, and enjoy this post for Big Green Egg Cheeseburgers
Big Green Egg Cheeseburgers
For this recipe I am using Snake River Farms American Wagyu Gourmet Burger Blend. If you do not have this meat on hand, please use 80/20 hamburger blend. You want lots of fat to get the boldest flavor possible for your grilled burgers. The optimal size for a burger patty is 5-6 oz so you want to divide the 1-pound package of meat in to 3 separate balls of 5.3 ounces.
Next, use a Weston Hamburger Press to make perfect burger patties.
After pressing the burger patties add kosher salt to the tops of each patty.
Next slice a red onion, tomato, and add to a garnish tray with pickle chips and pieces of lettuce.
Now take 3 St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns out of the package and schmear softened butter on the cut side of the top and bottom of each bun. Set these to the side.
Preheat your Big Green Egg to 375°F setup for raised direct grilling using your EGGspander base.
When the grill is preheated and your charcoal is gray, place the burgers on the grill grate salt side down. Shake more kosher salt on top of the burger patties. Close the dome and let the burgers cook 5 minutes undisturbed.
Now flip the burger patties, close the dome, and cook for another 5 minutes.
After 10 minutes of total cook time, place a slice of cheese on each patty. Close the dome and let cook 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Pull the burgers and let them rest while you toast your brioche buns.
Place the buns on the grill grate buttered side down and cook 1-2 minutes until nicely toasted.
Take the burgers and place between each toasted brioche bun. Garnish with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles, mustard, and ketchup.
Serve these perfect burgers to your guests and admire their reaction!
Big Green Egg Cheeseburgers
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20 or Wagyu is best
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 3 pieces brioche burger buns St Pierre is a good choice
- 3 slices American cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 3 slices tomato
- 3 slices red onion
- 3 slices lettuce romaine or iceberg
- 6 pieces pickle chips
- 3 tsp ketchup
- 3 tsp yellow mustard
- Setup your Big Green Egg for raised direct grilling. Preheat to 375°F.
- Divide your ground beef into 3 equal portions of 5.3 oz each.
- Use a burger press to form three burger patties.
- Add kosher salt to the top of each burger patty.
- When the Big Green Egg is preheated place the burger patties on the grill grate salt side down. Salt the top of each patty, close the lid, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the burger patties, close the lid, and cook another 5 minutes.
- Flip the burger patties one more time, add a slice of cheese to each patty, close the lid, and cook 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the patties from the Big Green Egg and let rest while you toast your buns. Close the top and bottom vents of your BIg Green Egg to let the grill cool down.
- Schmear the softened butter on the cut side of each bun (top and bottom). Place the buttered side down on the grill grate and cook 1-2 minute until the buns are toasted.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a patty on each toasted bun. Garnish with a piece of lettuce, a slice of tomato, a slice or red onion, two pickles, mustard, and ketchup. Enjoy!