Dinner last night was a classic Pantry Night here in the Buddha household. I had some really good sausages on hand and wanted to do something different with them. Looking around in the refrigerator I found my inspiration… Zucchini’s! Finding a way to bridge the two ingredients took a little more digging in the pantry. I am happy to say this dinner turned out great and I am eager to share it with you. Now sit back, grab yourself a glass of Pinot Gris, and enjoy this recipe for Big Green Egg Stuffed Zucchini.
Big Green Egg Stuffed Zucchini
For this meal I used Dizzy Pig’s Mediterranean-ish rub, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, goat cheese, Kalamata olives, green onions, sausages, and zucchini’s.
I removed the sausages from their casing and crumbled them in to a cast iron pan. I cooked the sausage for about 10 minutes until browned.
I trimmed the zucchini, bored out the middle, and set the zucchini boats out ready for the sausage stuffing.
To make the stuffing I mixed the warm sausage crumbles with the Dizzy Pig’s Mediterranean-ish rub, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, goat cheese, Kalamata olives, and green onions.
I spooned the mixture in to the zucchini boats and preheated the Big Green Egg to 400° using a Conveggtor for indirect grilling.
I placed the stuffed zucchini boats in the Big Green Egg and let them cook.
Here are the zucchini boats at the 25 minute mark. They were ready to come off and be served.
That’s it… super easy weeknight dinner that is packed with flavor. I look forward to you giving it a try!!!
- 5 zucchini
- 2 Lbs. Sausage
- 6 oz Goat Cheese
- ¼ c chopped Kalamata Olives
- ⅛ c chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 Tbs pine nuts
- 1½ tsp Mediterranean-ish Rub (Dizzy Pig)
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise
- Hollow our seeds on each zucchini half making zucchini boats
- Take sausage out of casing and chop in to smaller pieces
- Cook the sausage until browned (10 minutes over medium heat)
- Drain the sausage from fat drippings
- Mix sausage with the cheese, tomatoes, olives, pine nuts, onions, and rub
- Once mixed through stuff the sausage boats with a Tbls (or more) of the stuffing
- Preheat the Big Green Egg to 400° and use Conveggtor for indirect cooking
- Place the zucchini boats in the BGE and cook for 20 - 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy