Our ongoing theme in Korean influenced cuisine continues with this delicious salmon recipe. Pulling together Gochujang and Honey to form a spicy and sweet glaze, this salmon recipe was a smashing success. Paired with a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc this dish is the perfect weeknight treat or meal for your next dinner party. Now sit back, grab a glass of your favorite white wine, and enjoy this recipe for Big Green Egg Spicy Korean Salmon.
Big Green Egg Spicy Korean Salmon
Take the salmon filets out as you make the glaze using Gochujang, Honey, Ginger, Garlic, Rice Vinegar, Soy Sauce, White Miso and Sesame Oil.We made a side of sautéed Shiitake Mushrooms. I used Garlic, Soy, and Mirin to cook the mushrooms in. The trick to cooking with a Himalaya Salt Block is to put it on the grill as the grill warms up. Controlling the airflow in the Big Green Egg allowed me to warm the grill up slowly until I reached the desired temperature of 350°.
- 2 Lbs Salmon (skin off)
- 2 Tbls Honey
- 2 Tbls Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbls Gochujang
- 1 Tbls White Miso
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- Mix together the Honey, Rice vinegar, Gochujang, Miso, Soy sauce, Garlic, Ginger, and sesame oil.
- Preheat the grill and salt block gently warming it to 350°
- Glaze the top half of the salmon with the mixture.
- Once the salt block and grill are preheated place the salmon filets on the salt block.
- Cook the salmon for 5 minutes and turn over.
- Glaze the salmon again.
- Once the filets have cooked for 5 minutes (or when they hit 120°) pull them off.
- Glaze one more time, rest, and serve.