Everyone loves ABT’s (Atomic Buffalo Turds) and has their own version of this classic BBQ dish. This recipe pairs Shrimp and Goat Cheese with the jalapeño and bacon for one heck of a savory combination. I love making these for guests before the main meal hits the table as this dish impresses every time! So, sit back, grab a glass of Syrah, and enjoy this post for Big Green Egg Shrimp Goat Cheese ABT.
Big Green Egg Shrimp Goat Cheese ABT
Construction is easy! Grab a small package of goat cheese, 6 jalapeños (sliced lengthwise and deseeded), 12 shrimp, 12 slices of bacon, and BBQ rub.
Soften the goat cheese and then mix in some of the rub.
Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp then toss in some of the rub.
Put some of the goat cheese in the jalapeño halves and top off with a shrimp.
Wrap each with a slice of bacon then top off with some more of the rub. Put a toothpick in each to hold the bacon in place.
Place the ABT’s on a raised grid and put a drip pan underneath.
Let these babies smoke for 45 minutes checking occasionally to ensure the bacon is cooking evenly and you are not overdoing it.
Now take the ABT’s off and serve!
Another view of these delicious appetizers!
- Small package of Goat Cheese
- 12 strips of Bacon
- 12 medium shrimp
- 6 Jalapeños
- Your favorite BBQ Rub
- Slice the Jalapeños in half lengthwise and deseed
- Soften goat cheese and mix with BBQ Rub to taste
- Peel and devein Shrimp
- Mix the shrimp with the BBQ rub
- Stuff the Jalapeños with the goat cheese and shrimp
- Wrap each of the stuffed Jalapeños with a piece of Bacon
- Place a toothpick in to keep bacon in place
- Preheat the BGE to 350°
- Place wood chunks in the coals
- Using a raised grid and drip pan place the ABT's on the grid over the drip pan
- Let them cook for 45 minutes
- Remove and enjoy