I am just getting back from my weekend in Windsor, Vermont cooking and supporting the Dizzy Pig BBQ Competition Team at the 2015 Harpoon Championships of NE Barbeque. I wanted to cook something easy but savory to get my week started. I spent a good deal of my time this weekend helping to sell some of the Dizzy Pig seasonings at their vending table. During my time selling their rubs I talked about making Chicken Kabobs using the Pineapple Head rub. As a result, I was craving Chicken Kabobs all weekend long!!! So, that was the inspiration for this quick and easy summertime dish. Now sit back, grab a Harpoon IPA, and enjoy this recipe for Big Green Egg Honey Lime Chicken Kabobs.
Big Green Egg Honey Lime Chicken Kabobs
I grabbed pineapple, cherry tomatoes, lime, red onion, red bell pepper, chicken thighs, honey, and Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head.
Put everything except for the lime and honey on a skewer and covered with the Pineapple Head rub.
I mixed 3 parts honey to 1 part lime juice for the glaze.
I preheated the Big Green Egg to 400° and placed the kabobs on over direct heat. I glazed the kabobs with the honey lime glaze every couple of minutes as they cooked.
I continued to cook the kabobs direct for 4 minutes per side or until they measured 165°. Once done, I pulled them off and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
I served the kabobs with cauliflower rice “spanish” style. A terrific, healthy, summertime dish!
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red pepper
- Pineapple Head
- Glaze for Kabobs:
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ c honey
- Pineapple Head
- Cut the chicken thighs in to chunks.
- Skewer the chicken, pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, and cherry tomatoes.
- Generously run Pineapple Head over the kabobs.
- Mix the honey, lime juice, and Pineapple Head together.
- Preheat the BGE to 400°.
- Cook the kabobs direct for 4 minutes per side or until the chicken measures 165°.
- Glaze the kabobs using the honey lime mixture every couple of minutes as you cook.
- 1 head of cauliflower, pulsed in a food processor until rice-like
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Cayenne pepper
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1 orange
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, and jalapeno with 1 TBSP olive oil for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower until slightly browned. Add tomatoes and spices and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir in orange juice and cilantro. Season with salt.