This weekend I planned to grill Salmon using a Cedar Plank on the Big Green Egg. So, I looked around at the ingredients I had on hand and found some Red Miso that would be a great start for the marinade. After all was said and done, this Salmon dish turned out great and was easy to make! Now sit back, grab a glass of your favorite Chardonnay, and enjoy this recipe for Big Green Egg Cedar Plank Miso Salmon.
Big Green Egg Cedar Plank Miso Salmon
I grabbed some vegetable oil, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Honey, Soy Sauce, Red Miso, Ginger, Garlic, White Sesame Seeds, and a 2 pound piece of Salmon.
I mixed all the ingredients together (minus the sesame seeds and salmon) to form the marinade.
I placed the Salmon (skin on) in a baking dish and covered it with the marinade. I placed this in the refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate.
I preheated the BGE to 400° and when ready, I placed the Cedar Planks on the raised grid for 3 minutes and then flipped them in order to place the Salmon on.
I put the marinated Salmon on the preheated Cedar Planks and let that cook while starting on the veggies.
For the veggies I spiralized zucchini and squash them, then tossed with garlic, olive oil, and cooked them on my Mini Max over direct heat for 10 minutes or so.
I let the Salmon cook for about 20 minutes or until it measured 130°.
I pulled the Salmon and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with Jasmine Rice and the Spiralized Veggies.
- ¼ c red miso
- 1 tbls canola
- 1 tbls sesame oil
- 1 tbls honey
- 1 tbls rice vinegar
- 1 tbls soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2" piece of ginger (minced)
- 2 lbs piece of Salmon
- Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Mix the miso, canola, sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together
- Place salmon in a baking dish
- Rub the marinade all over the Salmon
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Preheat the BGE to 400° (direct)
- Place Cedar Plank on the cooking surface for 3 minutes
- Turn the plank and place the Salmon
- Let the salmon cook for 20 minutes or until it measures 130°
- Pull and let rest 10 minutes
- Slice and Serve